What’s a girl to do but make some sweet little chocolate chip cookies on a rainy Saturday afternoon?
This is one of those quick, whip ’em up, I want to eat something sweet right now or I’ll throw a tantrum, kinda recipes. There a gazillion recipes out for chocolate chip cookies but I’ve found this is one works all the time and it’s simply yummo.
This recipe is from Food.com who have called them the world’s best chocolate cookies. Oh yeah, I’m sure they’re in the Guiness World Records or something.
I’ve slightly adapted the recipe for my own taste – omitted the nuts (don’t need ’em in my opinion) and halved the amount of chocolate chips. Three cups of chocolate chips is just a tad overkill in my baking book and means more chocolate than batter but if that’s how you like it, go for it you chocoholic you.
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream sugars and butter.
3. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
4. Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
5. Stir in chips and nuts.
6. Roll into 1 1/4″ balls and place on non-stick cookie sheets, about 2″ apart.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
8. Cool (for at least a few mins) then eat. Enjoy and forget about all that sugar and butter…
What have you been making in the kitchen this weekend?