This past weekend was a mixture of eating, catching up with family, and even doing a photo shoot! I know, crazy. More on the photo shoot later. I even managed to spend a Friday night by myself (Hovi was out with the boys) eating leftover pizza and drinking wine while catching up on the latest Scandal episode and a few zzz’s.
Somehow I managed to do not one iota of cooking or baking apart from a Saturday night omelette. Crazier.
But anyhoo. Here are my top 10 favourite things I saw, ate, did, drank and enjoyed this weekend in no particular order.
- Saturday morning breakfast consisting of a mug of gumboot tea and a hearty combo of peanut butter and cheese toast. Delish.
- I spotted these lovelies in the shop window of Annah Stretton. Aren’t the flowers divine?
- Dill potatoes and heavenly yolky eggs for brunch at Landreth & Co in Ponsonby Sunday morning with Hovis and my sister.
- Fancy pants yours truly got her hair and makeup done for a little photoshoot in Devonport. Can’t wait to share the results (unless my double chin rears it’s pudgy self. Thank god I know a few photoshop experts)
- To celebrate surviving a “couples” photoshoot with Hovi, we had a mini celebration of gin & tonics (Bombay Sapphire of course) and prawn cocktail crips at The Patriot in Devonport. Are there really any crips that can beat Walkers?
- Yep. Peonies are officially stalking me. After writing about them last week, I should be the proud owner of a bunch of blooming’ peonies by now. Sorry peonies.
- I picked up the cutest lacey stamp, colouring in pencils and canvas bag in Maggazino. Couldn’t r-e-s-i-s-t.
- On one of our marathon walks, I had to nip into Republic to ooh and ahh over their latest and greatest. I love, LOVE the pouffe and anything blue makes me happy.
- This fabbo tribal style necklace was calling to me from the store front window at Storm (repeat to self “must not spend money on another necklace”
- My own wee desk that I’ve set up with some of my favourite knick knacks to help me write my blog and do some study. I feel like a grown up. And no more sore neck hunched on the couch with my laptop. Hurrah!
What were some of your favourite things this past weekend?